Tonight at dinner Joseph was helping Benjamin eat his required amount of food. (We do three bites of the main course and three bites of vegetable to correspond with his age). Anyway Joseph was doing the airplane. Benjamin covered his mouth and insisted "my airport is closed." We couldn't help but laugh.

Earlier today we went to the library and the second hand store in Chittenango. They had a Zurg toy that we quickly acquired. Ben of course loves it and his new belt. It's just like Daddy's and he is so proud.
I couldn't resist the chance to post the two belted boys.
Some other things that I ought to document are the ward Christmas party, Christmas at the farm and my new Christmas Stockings.
Benjamin was a cow in the Church nativity. He was so cute. He came in the chapel and ran to me on the back row and then ran to the stable. His Daddy was the narrator. He was okay with Santa Clause he didn't really cozy up but was willing to sit on his lap. At the farm he didn't want to sit on Santa's lap and in fact asked my father on Christmas day..."Are you Santa Claus? The conversation continued as Benjamin rattled alone something like this "You look like Santa? Do you have a Santa Costume? I have a dragon costume. I like to dress up."


I made Christmas Stocking this year. I really like them. I've looked for years for ones that I like. While we were in Boise I found this pattern and loved them. Four stockings now adorn our living room fireplace.


My parents gave us a pig for Christmas. They we as always very generous and gave us some Christmas books and other misc. things. I loved the delivery method of the pig and thought that I would share. Wrapped in a box was this note.


It reads, Joseph & Diane, I will come to your freezer about Jan 15th. I need to know how you want me cut. We laughed hard. I thought it was clever and of course we'll love the pork.
Finally, I thought that I would post pictures of my boys watching the last BYU football game.

And last but not least this is Benjamin's latest. He lines his crew up to watch the car races. He's got Handy Manny, Jessie, Woody, Buzz, Rumblin Chuck, the Wac-a-moles, Mater & Speed McQueen all positioned and ready for the big race. I was lucky that he willingly looked up for the picture.

More to come soon. Joseph got me a new camera for Christmas so I am working on learning it's ins and outs. Happy new year to all!
I'm happy you had such a Merry Christmas! Ben sure is one of the cutest little boys on the planet :-).
ReplyDelete:D ben cracks me up:D
ReplyDeleteIt was great catching up on your Christmas. We got your card. Thank you. We didnt' send out cards this year. I love that you are blogging, especially with the distance issue, and with your adorable son Benjamin in your family. What a blessing, and what a lucky kid he is!! We miss you guys so very much....more than you will ever know.♥ Lots of Love...and thoughts sent your way....Your Neighbors Always...Sam & Robin Ferrin ;)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I sure do love putting out all of the neat things each year at Christmas that you have sewn,quilted and given to us. They really mean a lot to me.
ReplyDelete...our Tree Skirt...Our Table Runner... a Christmas hanging, and I always have the flag one up in our guest room. Very Special!!!♥-Robin