Oh where do I start?
I have been frantically working on a photo book as winkflash is having a sale that ends Thursday. Of course I wait until the last minute to upload and arrange pictures. As a result Ben has been feeling the brunt of Mommy being busy.
Yesterday he was watching Diego (his new favorite) He still likes boots, but now requests Diego. He came to me without his pants and diaper on. We have been having that issue lately. When he has to go he takes off his diaper. Usually I whisk him to the bathroom but yesterday I thought, oh I have a minute and tried to finish a page. Big mistake. Next I knew he was saying poopie and I knew he had done his business in the family room. That got my attention. We went to the bathroom changed the diaper and I grabbed the Clorox wipes and set out to investigate the damage. As we were leaving the bathroom Ben picked up the bottle of Febreze. I thought that was probably harmless and to appease him let him have it. I now know that the trigger is very easy. (Isn't hindsight fabulous?) As I cleaned up the poopie Benjamin walked around "eliminating the odors in our fabrics, carpets, and air," as well as our woodwork, tile, walls, entertainment center, and TV. He somehow sprayed the controls on our TV and short circuited the blasted thing. Who would have thought that the small little spray bottle and one very fast small little toddler would have covered so much ground.
After I finished cleaning up his first mess I found Ben glistening, completely wet in the kitchen in a pool of febreze. He was smiling. He always seems to say "Hi Mommy", when I stumble upon him doing something that he probably shouldn't.
I will say I handled everything well. He did have to sit in timeout later in the day for climbing the computer hutch. Yes, he's a climber.
Tonight we are going to pick up a TV posted on Craigslist. It's a flat screen and a little bigger than our old one. I wonder what it's fate will be?