Our Star-Wards

Our Star-Wards

Friday, February 18, 2011

Cautiously Optimistic

We had a "couple contact" yesterday from a birth-family here in NY. There is a young woman who is expecting and open to placing the baby for adoption. The birth-father's mother wrote a lovely letter asking that we start the communication process.
Of course our natural response is to be excited. The baby BOY is due May 20th.
Our case worker suggested that we be cautiously optimistic. It's difficult to be open but yet guarded. We so much want to have this happen.
We wrote back last night and are trying hard to not appear to eager but yet have the right balance of excited etc.

I was thinking about it in the shower this morning. I wish I had realized earlier what a remarkable woman Benjamin's birthmother is. Don't get me wrong we have always been in awe of her, but she made things so easy for us. She wanted her little boy to have parents and when she was confident that he had them, she walked out of the hospital and let us parent him. She has taught me so many lessons. Because of her I have had a glimpse of the Savior love and acceptance of all of us, even with our shortcomings. How I love and honor her! Because I'm bawling I'm going to wrap up this post. Pray for us please. The next few months will be exciting and scary and hopefully Ben will wind up being a big brother.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you guys! You are the best parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!! (and tearing up reading this) I love you!

    ReplyDelete