Our Star-Wards

Our Star-Wards

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Home improvement updates

I have spent the last few weeks on home improvement projects  We ended up replacing the flooring in the main floor bathroom-laundry room so I decided the whole room needed a change.  Here are some of the pictures from that project.


Once the bathroom was done I had the painting bug.  I decided to do stripes in Ben's room.  I love it but he says he would have preferred solid green walls.



As long as we were doing the tile in the bathroom I decided to rip up the dated tile in the entry.  We found these large tiles on a clearance sale at Home Depot and installed them.  I really like the look.  I painted the foyer after the dining room was done as it was looking shabby and the combined effect is pretty.
So, once the dining room was painted I had to do the kitchen because it looked so drab.  I really liked the paint in the bathroom.  I think I like it in the kitchen too.  It's green my only concern is that it looks too washed out with all the white cabinetry.

Lastly, I have been working on the doors.  They were all simply the hollow core doors with a wood stain.  I decided to modernize them.  I painted them white and added the trim pieces.  I really like the look and I think it updates the whole house.
Okay, one more.  I painted the living room too because with every other room on that floor getting a makeover it needed it.  With the new paint color came a need for new curtains.  I am enjoying the new stark white and think it accents the pretty windows that Joseph replaced when we first moved in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm inspired by all your hard work Diane--it looks wonderful and like such a happy place for your amazing crew. This post reads like a pinterest version of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie!

    ReplyDelete