We have a 3 season screened back porch just off the family room. It has storm windows, which we open for summer. This last week with the weather still being somewhat termerate we didn't exactly get around to shutting the storm windows for winter. Yesterday we got the first blizzard of the season, -- snow in the horizontal direction. We got probably 2 inches snow at 25 MPH. The result: the porch was covered with a skiff of snow, couches and all. The snow blew through the screen openings.
By the time I noticed what had happened it was dark, so I showed Joseph what happened and told him to remind me the next day and we could sweep it out. Joseph went out to shut the screens for the winter. In the process he had to step up on the snow-covered chairs to access the screens, and left some footprints.
In the morning, he seized an opportunity. Joseph told the children that Santa Claus came to see if they had been bad or good, and that he crawled in the window to peek in our sliding door, during the night. The children bought it, hook, line and sinker. Lily even surmised that Santa was looking for a way in, because we have a gas-burning insert now. Benjamin told me he had seen magic sparkle dust in the snow, which Santa must have used to land the sleigh.
I can’t help but wonder how many more years the magic will last. I sure love the Christmas season through their eyes!
|
what a cute happening!
ReplyDelete