Our Star-Wards

Our Star-Wards

Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's been a long time since I sat down and posted pictures of our adventures. This will be a hodge-podge of various activities and events for the last few months. When Daddy comes home from work the children's first reaction is to run to him and say "Can I climb you?" In the absence of the climbing his torso they will try to get on his back. He's usually a good sport.

A few weeks ago we took the kids to the Rochester Museum of Play. The kids were totally over stimulated by so many choices and fun things to do. It was tough trying to follow them all around and keep track of each of them as they scampered off to their next adventure. I will say thought, that I love these great museums. We have rotated memberships throughout the years and have loved the Ithaca Science center and the MOST right here in town. This year we have decided to explore the Museum of Play and hopefully there will be reciprocal memberships that we can take advantage of on our trip west.
The kids on the Carousel.



Lily being the ice cream Lady.

Little Wegmans - Lily says that she wants to be a cashier when she grows up. (We'll work on the achievement lessons in the future.) In the meantime we are encouraging her to dream.

In February the kids had a week break from school. We made robots and decorated them during one particularly cold afternoon. Periodically, they still strap them on and wander around the house.


Benjamin displaying his triceratops.
In Daddy's workshop.

The kids at Christmas enjoying their electronic devices.


As I look back on these pictures and our memories I have realized that we have really enjoyed our family time this winter. Our failed adoption was disappointing and heart wrenching but I feel really blessed to enjoy the family time that we cherish together.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE ROBOTS! you are so fun! miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete