Our Star-Wards

Our Star-Wards

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sisters

This morning my sister called. It was so nice to talk to her. She wanted me to post pictures of our kitchen. We ripped up the tile and part of the sub floor this weekend. We hope to finish this coming weekend and then start to update.

As Benjamin has napped I have spent some time thinking about my sister. She is amazing! Margaret Mead once said, a “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” I believe that to be true. We know one another's faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, and desires. We share private family jokes and laugh when Islands in the Stream comes on the radio. There's a special kind of freedom that I believe sisters enjoy: freedom to share innermost thoughts, to ask a favor, to show truest feelings. I can always simply be myself with Karen.

I’m so grateful to have a sister!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have that kind of relationship! I love being around my sister but she is still mostly caught up in the drama of high school. It does get more fun as all the siblings get older though. That was the fun part of Jason being the baby in the family, it felt like I finally had some older siblings in a way!

    That's exciting you are getting a new floor. I can't wait to see the finished product!!! Are you doing tile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I could not agree more!! My sisters are truely my best friends and I am eternally grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with them.

    ReplyDelete